top of page
CCDM stands for Care Capacity Demand Management. The CCDM Programme is a set of tools and processes that help DHBs better match the capacity to care with patient demand. The goal is quality patient care, quality work environment and best use of health resources.
This website is the toolkit for the CCDM programme. There is a road map for each CCDM component and a set of documents that take you through implementation step by step. The toolkit helps set up the processes needed to be successful. The home page will give you a quick view of the whole programme and links to some documents. Subsequent pages provide more detail.
The 'quick view' is the fastest way to get an overview of the programme components. The quick view provides a self explanatory slide show and an information sheet for each component of the programme.
CCDM PROGRAMME COMPONENTS
There are several components to the CCDM programme.
1. CCDM governance
2. Core data set
3. FTE calculation
4. Variance response management
There is a brief description and the main steps for each below.
CCDM governance is a permanent operational structure with processes and tools for achieving safe staffing and healthy workplaces. Governance happens at all levels of the organisation in partnership with health unions.
5 EASY STEPS
1. Set up CCDM council & review
2. Complete workshops & standards
3. Write & agree workplans, establish
4. Monitor & report against workplans
5. Establish local data council/s
CORE DATA SET
The core data set is a set of 23 measures. Equal priority is placed on quality patient care, quality work environment and best use of health resources. Staff from all levels of the organisation use the core data set. Different groups monitor the core data set and reporting flows up and down.
6 EASY STEPS
1. Set up working group &
2. Complete stocktake & agree roll
3. Write & agree detailed workplan
4. Agree & document process for
business as usual
5. Establish the layout & start date
6. Review, report & improve measures
The FTE calculation is a systematic, validated method for generating a recommended roster and budgeted FTE. TrendCare data from the past 12-months is used to establish an acuity based staffing model. The calculation includes the MECA entitlements and allowances. The FTE should be re-calculated annually.
6 EASY STEPS
1. Set up working group & workshops
2. Complete stocktake & agree roll out
3. Collect, collate and agree the data inputs
4. Enter data into software & complete roster
5. Draft report & agree recommendations
6. Implement FTE & roster, monitor effect
VARIANCE RESPONSE MANAGEMENT
Variance response management is a set of tools and processes for organisational visibility of care capacity demand management. This includes an operations centre, electronic screens, staffing early warning system and standard operating procedures.
6 EASY STEPS
1. Set up working group and workshops
2. Complete stocktake and agree roll out
3. Write business case and set up
4. Agree detailed workplan, specifications
5. Implement the tools and monitor
bottom of page